The New York State Grange Museum was chartered June 9, 1995.
It is located at 122 Clinton Avenue, at the entrance to
Grange Place in Cortland NY 13045, adjacent to the New
York State Grange Headquarters.
It is where artifacts and
information about the Grange in New York State is on
display. At the present time the Museum is only open
during select periods of time (see the "Information"
page for days), especially when a major event
is taking place at Grange Headquarters. It may also be
open to groups upon making prior arrangements.
NYS Grange Museum -
Memorial Brick Project for a current listing of bricks
that have been installed or are scheduled to be installed.
Newly purchased bricks are installed several times a year.
The Museum Board has designed a Christmas
Ornament to sell which is the beginning of a series of the
Founders of the Grange. It was available at State
Session for $8 each. For those wishing to purchase
one but were unable to attend State Session they can be
ordered for $8. each plus $5. for shipping and handling.
There is a stand available for an additional $3. if you are
interested. To order
send a check in the amount of $13 each (or $16 each with
stand) (made out to NYS Grange
Museum) to Roland C. Shea Sr, 4672 Bear Path Rd, Munnsville
NY 13409. For further questions you can E-mail
There is a limited number of these made so they will become
a collector's item.
This year's ornament is of Oliver Hudson Kelley who was one
of or the founder of the Patrons of Husbandry, the Grange.
Moving to the Midwest in his twenties, he eventually settled
in Itasca, MN. There he took up farming and was a
progressive if not successful one. Later Kelley went
to Washington, DC to work in various government offices
during poor crop years. There he met other men of
similar ideals and together they formed the Grange
officially on December 4, 1867 and Kelley served as first
secretary until November 21, 1878. He was married
twice and had four daughters. He passed to the Grange
above on January 20, 1913.
Below is a picture of the front
and back of the ornament (it is enclosed in a box.)